More understated than the lilac and pale yellows unveiled on the Autumn/Winter 2020 catwalks, brown comes in all shades this season. Often underestimated, brown stands out as one of the most surprisingly “bankable” trends of Autumn/Winter this year, inviting you to switch up your basic greys and blacks for much warmer hues.
Colour combo ideas:
- Brown + Red: Seen on the AW20 runway at Marni, a vibrant poppy red pairs perfectly with shades of tobacco brown.
- Brown + Black: Often singled out as the ultimate fashion faux pas, this season black and brown form an unstoppable team, as seen at the Lemaire AW20 fashion show.
- Brown + Pale yellow: a prominent feature of the Chloé AW20 show, brown in its variations of beige and camel offers the perfect match for butter yellow hues.
- Brown + Lilac: This season's must-have colour will bring a touch of cheer to all your autumn looks. As seen on various outfits in the AW20 Acne Studio show, Lilac will look a treat with shades of beige and camel brown.
- Brown + Pink: At Coach, pastel pink was one of the flagship colours of the Autumn/Winter 2020 show. To pick up on the trend, you can use pale pink as a stylish way to soften darker shades of brown this season.
- Brown + Orange: This combination, unmistakeably reminiscent of 1970s upholstery, was the running theme of the Marni AW20 collection. Playing with shades of camel, and adding a boost to shades of darker brown.